W. Michael McCormick is stepping down from the Independent Cities Finance Authority (“ICFA”) Board, where he has actively served since 1987. He was elected as ICFA board President in 1997, and has held that position for the past 19 years.
Mr. McCormick has been a resident of the City of Vernon since 1969, where he worked in a variety of business environments during his 40-year private sector career. He served on the Vernon City Council for 41 years, and has also been active in the Los Angeles Area Boy Scouts of America (BSA) organization for over 40 years.
“I have had the pleasure of working with Mike since he first came on board in 1987,” commented Debbie Smith, Executive Director, Independent Cities Finance Authority. “Mike’s contributions to ICFA have been immeasurable and he will be greatly missed.”
Gil Hurtado, Vice President of ICFA said, “Mike was such an asset to our board, and I truly enjoyed working alongside him. We are so appreciative of his many years of service to ICFA.”
Mr. McCormick has also represented his community by serving as a Board Member of numerous area organizations:
• Los Angeles County Sanitation – 23rd District since 1974.
• Independent Cities Association – as a Board Director since 1987 and serving as President in 2008-09.
• The Orangeline Development Authority – as Board Director since 2003 and Secretary/Treasurer since 2007.
• Southeast Cities School Coalition – as a Board Director since 2005.
• California Contract Cities Association
W. Michael McCormick has had a positive impact both in his community and on the ICFA board. ICFA thanks Mr. McCormick for dedicating his life to service, for being an instrumental member of the ICFA board for the past 27 years, and wishes him well in his future endeavors!